Happy autumn, friends! It’s fashion’s favourite time of year – and mine too. I’ve been dreaming up new outfit combinations, and looking back on outfits from the past couple years to repeat. (We’re #allaboutoutfitrepeating, after all!) This season is going to be especially busy, with lots of events and fun days ahead. To make getting dressed easy, I put together a fall 2022 capsule wardrobe with items I already have in my closet.
creating my fall capsule wardrobe
To create my fall capsule wardrobe, I selected 17 pieces that can be easily mixed and matched. To add some interest, I added a couple pops of bright blue. I’m especially excited to style this knit jumper I recently bought on a trip to Portugal. The classic cut of this sweater makes it timeless and easy to pair with the items I already have. Remember that capsule wardrobes can be whatever YOU want them to be – you don’t need to stick to just neutrals!
Some tips for creating your own seasonal capsule wardrobe:
- Choose a colour palette to incorporate throughout your capsule
- Consider classic pieces and cuts to make it easy to pair items together
- Think about your lifestyle and what you realistically need in your wardrobe
- Think about the weather where you live and choose pieces that will get you through that weather
- Consider a statement piece or colour
For me, focusing on neutrals, basics, and classic shapes made for a super versatile mini wardrobe. Here are some outfits I’m excited to wear this season, made completely from this capsule.
And that’s it – my fall 2022 capsule wardrobe! Will you be putting one together this season? What are your go-to fall pieces?
For more fall capsule wardrobe inspiration, check out my fall wardrobe building blocks post!