Hello and happy fall! It’s no surprise this is a favourite time of year around here, and we’re in full fall mode with cozy scents and movies on at all times.
While this past summer I felt like my hot weather wardrobe was the best it’s ever been, I was happy to see the breezy dresses and humidity go (my hair was happy to see the latter go, too). Boots, coats, and cozy knits are what I feel my best in.
autumn wardrobe updates
I’m especially excited for my autumn wardrobe this year because I really don’t feel like I need to add much. Below is everything I already have that will be in regular rotation this season (black booties not pictured, but are definitely part of my fall wardrobe staples). I go more in depth on most of these items in my fall wardrobe building blocks post.
I also recently purchased a secondhand pair of Dr. Martens White Quad Platform Chelsea boots on Poshmark, and if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I’m extra excited to style these for the colder months.
items I’ll add to my wardrobe this fall
There’s honestly not much I really need, but I do have my eyes out for a few additional pieces:
- a plaid oversized coat (trying to thrift this piece)
- a cream oversized turtleneck (considering purchasing this one)
- a fitted merino wool turtleneck (perfect for some travel we planned in November)
- black pleated trousers (I tried this pair but they were too big and fit me awkwardly)
life updates + things to look forward to
I really feel like the last month flew by in a total blur.
We started September at a cottage with my family, went on our last camping trip of the year, and made amazing progress with our kitchen renovation – we’re finally cooking again! It was fun and busy, like the end of summer often is. I hope October and the rest of autumn is filled with more relaxing, more coziness, and more time entertaining our family and friends.
We have quite a bit to look forward to this season, like:
- the start of fall hiking (we went on our first one yesterday)
- some travel within Canada next month
- celebrating our two year wedding anniversary (we had fall candles burning at our wedding reception – might have to light one of those up!)
- our annual October photoshoot
- lots of baking, cooking, and making (drinking) mulled wine
- Thanksgiving (my favourite holiday!)
- and a Meg Ryan movie marathon which I have been thinking about doing for weeks now
I’m more than ready to settle into cozy season and soak up everything the next few months have to offer!
What do you have planned for fall, either for everyday life or wardrobe?